CEFIPRA-SOLEIL Synchrotron Programme
India and France would like to utilise large scale scientific facilities available within these two countries. In this context, Indo-French Centre for Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR/CEFIPRA) and SOLEIL Synchrotron have signed a MoU to facilitate the use of the Soleil Synchrotron facility in France by Indian Scientists.
The Indian Principal applicants should hold a Permanent position as a scientist/faculty member in universities/deemed universities/academic institutes/ national research and development laboratories.
- The Scientists/ Principal investigators have to first apply to PRC (Programme Review Committee) for allocation of beam time at SOLEIL. For this purpose, application should be sent to the Programme Coordinator, SOLEIL. Please visit the website: http://www.synchrotron-soleil.fr/ for further details.
- After the closure date of the call at Synchrotron SOLEIL, CEFIPRA will receive the list of proposals from SOLEIL that have been successfully allocated beam time at the facility by PRC. CEFIPRA will request the Scientists/Researchers whose proposals have already been accepted by Synchrotron SOLEIL for allocation of beam-time to apply to CEFIPRA for funding with proper documents. (Please contact CEFIPRA for further details)
Evaluation of proposals
An expert committee appointed by CEFIPRA will evaluate the accepted proposals for funding support based on the evaluation criteria such a scientific excellence and / or innovative nature for scientific/technological research, quality of the project’s construction and its feasibility, No. of units of beam time being sought and allocated, overall impact of the project, added value of the international cooperation, preference will be given to proposals having participating researchers as first time users /younger researchers of the synchrotron facility, etc.
Based on the scientific evaluations and decision of the expert committee, CEFIPRA will fund Indian scientists/researchers according to its regulations. The following will be the details of the support:
- For each proposal, up to 3 persons may be supported
- Each proposal will be supported for the period of the allocated beam time duration plus 2 days (one day ahead and one day after)
- Boarding and Lodging cost per person - 75 €/day
- Maximum 900 €/person for one return airfare ticket (International + domestic) and travel insurance for the concerned period
- Proposals submitted by the same Principal Investigator (PI) along with scientists/researchers participated earlier or new, with proper justification from PI for two consecutive calls/cycles at SOLEIL may be supported (provided the proposal has been accepted for the allocation of beam time)
- The number of such proposals being supported under each call shall be limited by the budget available with CEFIPRA for this purpose
- Apart from the details of funding mentioned above, no other expenses will be provided by CEFIPRA