Considering the willingness of private sectors to contribute towards the Indo-French scientific collaboration and their wish of utilizing the experience of the Centre Franco-Indien pour la Promotion de la Recherche Avancée (CEFIPRA) in that direction, the Centre has recently opened a new category of activity called “Innovation Programme”. Under this category, CEFIPRA and the Airbus Group have joined hands to launch “The Airbus Group-CEFIPRA Aerospace Programme” which will support collaborative research projects in the identified areas.
Research proposals in the following areas are encouraged:
- Applied mathematics, Machine learning and high performance computing;
- Materials and structures: Composite materials based on nanotechnology and also SHM (Structural Health Monitoring) by using NDA methods (Non Destructive Analysis);
- Avionics: Miniaturization of Smart systems based on MEMS/NEMS and in general Micro and Nanotechnologies;
- The proposals must include at least one partner each from Indian and French academic institutions for each project. Academic partners should have permanent position in an Indian
or French University / R & D institution. The project could have maximum 4 partners.
- One Indian coordinator and one French coordinator must be identified from Indian and French academic / research institutions.
- Emphasis will be given to projects promoting students and involvement of young researchers.